Thursday, August 20, 2026

WIML

Weekly Workouts

I hate Mondays and this may be straight to the point but I had to say it. I can't sleep in and I love sleeping in. As much as I hate Mondays I do not let it get the best of me. Every Monday is a reminder that I have the opportunity to restart my routine for the rest of the week. The best thing for me to have the rest is by working out. I've been trying to stay consistent going to the gym 4 times a week but it has been hard thing to keep it as a habit due to my current work schedule being very wonky. I do plan to go before or after my shifts to not miss out on my routines. Mornings I attend the gym and in the evenings I do at home Pilates. Discipline starts from day 1 and I refuse to slack off. The best way for me to be motivating myself is to reward myself at the end of the month with either a new workout set or any workout apparel to get me excited for the following week.


Gym Routine

Throughout the 4 days of going to the gym, there is a split schedule that I like to follow so that I do not overwhelm my body with an excessive amount of exercises at the gym. This is a way to perfectly balance upper body and lower body workouts. The schedule that I have planned out makes it easier for me to follow through specific exercises that I want to do and what machines I want to use. This is how I have my workout schedule planned out throughout the 4 days.

1. Monday: Leg Day (Hamstrings + Glute), Cardio (Stairmaster)

2. Tuesday: Arms/Shoulders (Biceps + Deltoids) , Back, Core, Cardio (Treadmill)

3. Wednesday: Leg Day (Quads + Calves), Cardio (Stairmaster)

4. Thursday: Arms (Triceps), Chest, Core, Cardio (Treadmill)


At Home Routine


On top of the days that I attend my morning/afternoon gym sessions, I like to do at home Pilates as it has low impact exercises that have helped me work on core strength, stability, posture, muscle control and breathing. I personally haven't taken an in person Pilates class but I do find the at home Pilates videos to be a perfect start if you're interested in attending classes in the future. The videos that I like to follow along can be found on YouTube but I have my preference on 2 instructors. Pilates by Izzy and Melania Antuchas are the instructors that I like to follow along. Pilates by Izzy are perfect if you are beginning your Pilates journey. All you need is a yoga block, small weights ( I use 3 lbs.), yoga ball, and a mat. Melania's videos are a bit on the intermediate level but if you like a good challenge, I recommend her! You will be using a yoga block, weights, resistance bands and weights. If you have any recommendations on Pilates instructors or recommend any Pilates studios in the LA area, let me know as this is something that I want to try out!

No comments:

Post a Comment